Sunday, September 28, 2008

Flashback of memories

Memory No 1
This incident happen almost a year ago, but its had always been stuck on my head as it always flashes before my very eye from time to time.

I knew of this girl (lets call her Carol - to protect her identify)through some organisation. One day she was impressed by some drawings i had done and out of a sudden, she called me to ask me which program i had used to draw those stuff so that she could use it for her group project. I was certainly surprised when she called me because we are not that close friends.

"Can i borrow the program which you use ...for your drawings you had done recently?"
"Oh...its you carol, why do you need to borrow the program anyway?" i questioned
"i need to use it for some gp project and its urgent..i need to do the drawing by tomorrow"
"do you know how to use it, it kindas complicated?" i questioned
"iAiyah just passed me the program lah, HURRY UP LAH , my GP IS RUSHING ME OKAY! PASS ME THE PROGRAM CAN?" She demanded furiously out of the blues!

I was left SIMPLY speechless for a moment, i don't know what to respond (The way she talk is as if i owe her a very big debt! Shes Weird! ) Anyway i agreed to pass her the program the very next day in school in the evening.

The very next day, i smsed her with an apology i wouldn't be able to come to school because i was rushing for some submissions, asking her if i could meet her at the MRT in the evening instead. I smsed her in the morning but she did not reply, she called me only in the evening but i just happen to miss her call as i dozed off for some nap after working for many hours of work. I just happen to wake up and call her immediately. ( 5mins after the missed call) ...this was her respond when i called her..

"IM VERY ANGRY YOU KNOW...WHY YOU NEVER PICK UP MY CALL..IM ANGRY WITH YOU OKAY...YOU MAKE ME SUFFER FOR MY GP PROJECT"

My goodness...! I smsed you in the morning with a apology..but you did not reply at all, It keeps me wandering why is she so Blunt?

At the end, i met up with her again to pass her the photoshop program.

From this incident, i knew she had feeble social skills. weak interpersonal relationship, very lacking of social and self awareness. She doesnt have a senses of dressing as well. Shes the type of person that nobody will want to mix with as a friend or a person. In the organisation, i observed she finds it hard get acceptance from people - been rejected by people around her. Only the leaders are there to actually talk to her - because they have to do it by appointment.

Sadly, i do admit i find it hard to accept her as a friend, but at the same time, i do feel sympathic for her and simply a tragetic as well. I do empathize for her as well and been rejected by people. This incident always strike me hard - it constantly reminds me to learn to accept people for who they are and never to judge people - because we ourselves are never perfect as well. It does makes me ponder this as well, am i willing to step out of my comfort zone and learn to accept carol for who she is? (Speaking of the unspoken, we simply want to be associate with our own social circle and refusing to move out of it.) Oh well, I seriously do admit that at times i cannot accept people for their flaws, especially people who had hurt me or quarrelled in the past. But in bibical context, Christ has loved us for who are we. We must learn to love others for who are we as well. I guess im still learning to show grace and learning to love people for who they are...:)

No comments: